Tuesday, March 1, 2016

venice, italy


The smell of seawater fills the crisp, cold air blowing softly in the sky. I look around and see beautiful buildings colored red, yellow, blue, pink, and more. Each one has something special about it, like the detailing around the window, or the small flowerpots lining the windowsills. I watch the waves crash against the wooden docks as the boats slowly sway in the clear blue water. Its like a whole different world, the streets are made of water, and people travel by boats. The whole city is a giant maze made up of small, cobblestone hallways that are barely two people wide. As the city turns from a day buzzing with people, to a calm, quiet night, the city turns in and the sky fills with a sheet of sparkling stars, glowing against the black sky.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love all your description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked all of the different adjectives and descriptions in your post. The last sentence was also very nice.
    -Brynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very descriptive, I can really feel like I'm there! Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete