Thursday, March 3, 2016

high school


Everything you’ve worked for, for the entire year all comes down to this choice. The miserable testing, the many essays, the interviews, the shadowing, the recommendations, was all for this, and now you have to choose. How can you pick? This is a place that you are giving four years of your life to, and it will determine so much of your future. Whether there’s tons of options or even just a couple, the choice is still so hard. Once you’ve made the decision, the weight is lifted. You settle. But then, the fear of the future hits you, and you begin to realize how fast time has gone and how soon you will be leaving a place you feel so comfortable, to go somewhere new and scary. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice job describing the fear, i haven't started my selection yet but I hope your's goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job describing the fear, i haven't started my selection yet but I hope your's goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Avery! You described my feelings when I was choosing a high school and leaving Logan, and that was quite a few years ago. Very well done! Good luck and trust your choice!

    ReplyDelete